Senior Financial Analyst - Manufacturing
Miller Manufacturing Company, a market-leading manufacturer, distributor and marketer of farm, ranch, and pet products, is searching for a Senior Financial Analyst - Manufacturing to join our team in Eagan, Minnesota.
This Senior Financial Analyst - Manufacturing position reports directly to the CEO and serves on the Executive Team for Miller Manufacturing Company, a global Farm, Ranch and Pet Products company since 1941. This role is a key contributor to ensure the understanding of costs/pricing, financial planning and provides production reporting and analytics to support the financial and efficiency decisions of the company. The Senior Financial Analyst is the owner and expert for tracking and analyzing actual production costs compared to budget and forecast. This position directly manages the Cost Accountant and has ultimate responsibility for the accuracy of BOMs and inventory valuations. They will partner with operations and provide recommendations to others based upon their analysis in a clear and concise manner; and work closely with other departments including Sales and Marketing to support continuous improvement initiatives and ensure healthy growth.
- Financial Analysis, Reporting & Leadership
- Reviews monthly financial and operational reports and advises management of key drivers to ensure the business is experiencing healthy growth and a balance between long- and short-term strategies.
- Supports accurate Performance Metrics and KPIs provided through Business Intelligence Tools (Tableau).
- Proposes, recommends, and implements changes to improve manufacturing and accounting processes and reports, with a collaborative approach.
- Works with ELT to develop and monitor budgets for each department.
- Cost Accounting
- Lead, prepare and maintain costing for products and product lines in company ERP system; create BOMs in the Master Setup and Product Warehouses with current and future cost rollups; ensure mapping is correct for product transactions to post to the General Ledger.
- Margin Analysis & Pricing
- Focuses on Margin Analysis to ensure products meet the minimum financial requirements and recommend strategies for top and bottom-line growth.
- Creates Financial Models to estimate future cost and determine pricing strategies along with Sales and Marketing to maintain acceptable margins.
- Owns the pricing system process to ensure pricing system updates and retrieval are completed accurately and on-time. Owns pricing data to ensure data integrity and pricing communicated to customers is accurate. Recommends process improvements to price management process.
- Strategy Development & Execution
- Collaborates with Miller ELT to develop an annual strategic business plan that represents the company’s long-term goals of production, marketing and sales and ensures deliberate growth strategies. Evaluates information and makes decisions and recommendations for alternative courses of action that will result in greater efficiencies, continuous improvement, better oversight and clearer communication both within and outside Miller.
- Other important duties include:
- Financial reporting improvements.
- Assisting with Account Receivable reviews, collections, and customer credit determination.
- Managing capital expenditures and RFE justifications and requests.
- Partnering internally to ensure ERP system integrity, inventory optimization, and forecast accuracy.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field and four or more years of experience.
- Three to five years of experience and/or training in a manufacturing environment doing some or all aspects of the essential duties and responsibilities listed above; or equivalent combination of education and experience in the above listed essential duties and responsibilities.
- Proficiency in applying Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and concepts.
- Proficiency in using manufacturing ERP systems, including the following modules: product costing, materials management; logistics; production planning and integrated manufacturing; financial accounting; controlling and forecasting. Preference for experience in Lawson M3 ERP system.
- Understanding of the laws and regulations within the accounting, distribution and manufacturing industries.
- Experience in lean initiatives.
- A general knowledge of International Business and the aptitude to learn about use and application of Farm, Ranch and Pet Products.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Access and the ability to work with complex data sources utilizing Excel.
- Strong financial and analytical abilities with the ability to collect, analyze, and present results in a concise format.
- Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical and diagram form and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
- Great attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and execute responsibilities in a high volume, deadline-oriented environment; Willingness and adaptability to organize, implement, and perform quality work with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is desirable but not essential.
Pre-employment Drug Screening and background checks are required.Job details (PDF)
About Miller Manufacturing Company
Miller Manufacturing Company is a market-leading manufacturer, distributor and marketer of farm, ranch, and pet products which are sold under the brand names of Little Giant®, Hot-Shot®, Springer Magrath®, Double-Tuf®, Pet Lodge™, and API®. At the core of Miller’s values is our commitment to American manufacturing, with most of our products designed, manufactured, and distributed here in the United States.
Miller Manufacturing started as a family-owned business in 1941 and today is owned and operated by Frandsen Corporation of North Branch, MN. Miller Manufacturing’s catalog features over 1,000 products which are sold through a large network of farm and animal health supply distributors in the United States and over 30 countries around the world.
Miller has remained focused on its core channel in the farm and ranch market since 1941 while continuing to provide innovative products alongside time-tested solutions to a broad range of customers. As a one-stop shop for companies looking for a full breadth of product for the farm and ranch consumer, Miller continues to manufacture quality, cost-competitive products to our customers.
Miller Manufacturing Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
- Miller Manufacturing Company1400 West 13th StreetGlencoe, MN 55336
- 651-982-5100 (Phone)
- 651-982-5149 (Fax)
GENEROUS BENEFIT PACKAGES*
- High-deductible health plan with 100% preventive services (in network)
- 100% coverage for preventive prescription medications
- Flexible spending account
- Life, accident, and disability insurance options
- Dental and vision plan options
- 401(k) and profit sharing
- Employee assistance program
- Additional benefits may apply to specific companies
*Available to qualified full-time employees