Director of Operations
At Miller Manufacturing Company, we’re growing; it’s part of our passion and our mission. And with nearly 80 years in business, we remain just as committed to fostering healthy growth as ever before. We’re looking for an experienced manufacturing professional to join our team as Director of Operations at our manufacturing facility in Glencoe, MN.
The Director of Operations is responsible for directing manufacturing operations and related capital preservation and investments through a team of functional managers and supervisors. This position ensures Lean manufacturing activities run smoothly and leads efforts and partners across the company to increase levels of customer and employee satisfaction while improving the efficiency of manpower, materials and processes. The Director of Operations reports directly to the General Manager and is a member of the Miller Exective Leadership Team.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Provide leadership through effective employee relations, including positive communications, coaching, training and development to support a positive culture within Operations and the greater good of Miller Manufacturing consistent with The Frandsen Way.
- Direct daily manufacturing operation activities and coordinate with other departments as necessary to ensure good communication and alignment on key objectives such as manufacturing load, inventory control, turn ratios, quality and on-time order execution to ensure a quality product is delivered on-time to the Distribution Center.
- Deployment and application of Lean Manufacturing principles to improve the cost, quality and delivery of manufactured products.
- Supervise and support operational changes to improve the manufacturability of new/existing products and ensure that products are produced to standard.
- In coordination with Supply Chain and the S&OP process balance staffing and capacity to ensure the efficient execution of production schedules.
- Define, monitor and report on key operational metrics to drive continuous improvement and goal attainment.
- Evaluate financial results to measure operational progress towards company objectives. Maintain accurate product costing by assuring valid labor standards and burden application rates to drive accurate data and improve decision making.
- Identify, request and drive implementation of investments to improve and preserve capital assets including equipment, tooling and facilities.
- Contribute to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy as a member of the Miller Executive Leadership Team. Develop and execute on operational goals and strategies to support company objectives including initiatives geared towards operational excellence including the use of 4DX and other “Tools of the Trade” supported by the executive team.
Knowledge, Education, Experience and/or Certifications:
- Requires BA/BS in Business Administration, Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ten or more years’ experience in Manufacturing Management.
- Demonstrated experience in Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Technical skills in materials and inventory management, production scheduling and facilities management.
- Exceptional PC skills including Manufacturing software and Microsoft Office Suite.
- On-the-job training may be required.
Pre-employment drug screening and/or testing and background checks are required.
About Miller Manufacturing Company
Miller Manufacturing Company is a market-leading manufacturer, distributor and marketer of farm, ranch, and pet products which are sold under the brand names of Little Giant®, Hot-Shot®, Springer Magrath®, Double-Tuf®, Pet Lodge™, and API®. At the core of Miller’s values is our commitment to American manufacturing, with most of our products designed, manufactured, and distributed here in the United States.
Miller Manufacturing started as a family-owned business in 1941 and today is owned and operated by Frandsen Corporation of North Branch, MN. Miller Manufacturing’s catalog features over 1,000 products which are sold through a large network of farm and animal health supply distributors in the United States and over 30 countries around the world.
Miller has remained focused on its core channel in the farm and ranch market since 1941 while continuing to provide innovative products alongside time-tested solutions to a broad range of customers. As a one-stop shop for companies looking for a full breadth of product for the farm and ranch consumer, Miller continues to manufacture quality, cost-competitive products to our customers.
Miller Manufacturing Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
- Miller Manufacturing Company1400 West 13th StreetGlencoe, MN 55336
- 651-982-5100 (Phone)
- 651-982-5149 (Fax)
GENEROUS BENEFIT PACKAGES*
- High-deductible health plan with 100% preventive services (in network)
- 100% coverage for preventive prescription medications
- Flexible spending account
- Life, accident, and disability insurance options
- Dental and vision plan options
- 401(k) and profit sharing
- Employee assistance program
- Additional benefits may apply to specific companies
*Available to qualified full-time employees