Frandsen Corporation, a major holding and management company with interests in mulitple manufacturing companies, is searching for an Maintenance, Repair and Operations (MRO) Buyer to join our corporate and manufacturing teams at our offices in Eagan or Anoka, Minnesota.
The MRO Buyer is primarily responsible purchasing commodity items, coordinating material, operating supplies and services for remote manufacturing facilities within Frandsen Corporation.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Ensure materials, equipment, and supplies are ordered and delivered in a timely manner
- Consistently work to reduce cost through the utilization of preferred supplier contracts and identifying new sourcing opportunities
- Lead cost reduction efforts across multiple Frandsen manufacturing companies
- Verify purchase requisitions by understanding internal customer requirements; source supplies and services through preferred and/or best alternative suppliers
- Utilize multiple ERP systems and maintain extensive knowledge and understanding of how each system functions to support daily purchasing tasks
- Evaluate and negotiate with potential suppliers
To be successful as the MRO Buyer, you must have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration, or Economics and three to five years of related experience and/or training, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- APCIS Certification or the ability to become certified within 18 months of hire
- At least three years of experience using an ERP system
- Basic contract management skills
- Willingness to travel between sites
Pre-employment Drug Screening and/or testing and background checks are required
About Frandsen Corporation
What started out as Frandsen Log and Lumber Company in 1951 is now a major holding and management company with interests in several manufacturing companies and a bank holding company spanning three states, with over $1.5 billion in assets. Today, Frandsen companies employ approximately 1,200 people in Minnesota, North Dakota, Wisconsin, and Kentucky.
Frandsen Corporation and its entities have purchased nearly fifty companies in the past fifty years. We focus on companies that bring synergy to our current businesses. We believe we can offer a great deal to a business’s owners, its employees, and its customers while honoring and adding to their history of success.
Frandsen Corporation is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
- Frandsen Corporation5481 St. Croix Trail, Suite 200North Branch, MN 55056
- 651-407-5700 (Phone)
- 651-242-5767 (Fax)
GENEROUS BENEFIT PACKAGES*
- High-deductible health plan with 100% preventive services (in network)
- 100% coverage for preventive prescription medications
- Flexible spending account
- Life, accident, and disability insurance options
- Dental and vision plan options
- 401(k) and profit sharing
- Employee assistance program
- Additional benefits may apply to specific companies
*Available to qualified full-time employees