Human Resources and Development Specialist
Miller Manufacturing Company, a market-leading manufacturer, distributor and marketer of farm, ranch, and pet products, is searching for Distribution Center Leads to join our team in Glencoe, Minnesota! Miller Manufacturing is locally owned, financially stable and growing – come join our team!
The HRD Specialist is responsible for leading recruitment and onboarding functions for direct hire and temporary positions, acting as a first point of contact for employee relations issues. This position is responsible for reporting, recordkeeping, and providing backup support for payroll processing and front desk responsibilities.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Leads recruitment efforts to fill direct labor, professional and technical positions. Partners with supervisors to develop and maintain clear and accurate position descriptions. Creates and posts job openings to engage appropriate applicant pool. Reviews applications, conducts phone screens and/or interviews to match experience with specific job-related requirements. Conduct reference checks as applicable. Prepares and presents offer letters to obtain quality candidates. Responsible for temporary employees staffing to ensure optimal staffing levels. Attend job fairs as needed to assist in recruitment of potential employees.
- Administers pre-employment drug screenings and background checks to identify candidates who may be prone to unacceptable workplace behavior and help ensure sound hiring decisions are being made. Prepares for and conducts new hire onboarding to ensure a successful start for new employees. Completes USCIS Form I-9 with all new hires to verify identity and employment authorization. Sets up employees in HRIS and other necessary systems and provides badge access and locker assignments.
- Act as first point of contact for any employee relations questions or concerns to ensure employees have a consistent, available resource for answers and issue resolution. Respond to employee relations issues and elevate issues to the HRD Generalist or Corporate Director of HRD when necessary to ensure complaints or issues are resolved appropriately. Assist employees and managers with comprehension of company policies
- Process terminations for both direct hire and temporary employees to ensure all necessary steps are completed in a timely manner. Schedule and conduct exit interviews for voluntary terminations. Process and respond to any unemployment requests on behalf of Miller Manufacturing to ensure accurate information is provided in a timely manner.
- Maintain records to ensure compliance with federal and state laws and to allow for easy retrieval of documents. This includes running attendance record and update daily, approve dental reimbursements and maintain spreadsheet, process employment verifications as needed. Run a monthly audit for temporary employees to ensure all processes are completed.
- Provide backup support for payroll processing and front desk responsibilities.
To be successful as the HRD Specialist, you must have the following:
- Requires a high school diploma or general education degree (GED), a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or a related field is preferred.
- Requires three to five years of related experience or training, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- SHRM-CP or PHR certification preferred.
- Microsoft office proficiency.
Job details (PDF)
About Miller Manufacturing Company
Miller Manufacturing Company is a market-leading manufacturer, distributor and marketer of farm, ranch, and pet products which are sold under the brand names of Little Giant®, Hot-Shot®, Springer Magrath®, Double-Tuf®, Pet Lodge™, and API®. At the core of Miller’s values is our commitment to American manufacturing, with most of our products designed, manufactured, and distributed here in the United States.
Miller Manufacturing started as a family-owned business in 1941 and today is owned and operated by Frandsen Corporation of North Branch, MN. Miller Manufacturing’s catalog features over 1,000 products which are sold through a large network of farm and animal health supply distributors in the United States and over 30 countries around the world.
Miller has remained focused on its core channel in the farm and ranch market since 1941 while continuing to provide innovative products alongside time-tested solutions to a broad range of customers. As a one-stop shop for companies looking for a full breadth of product for the farm and ranch consumer, Miller continues to manufacture quality, cost-competitive products to our customers.
Miller Manufacturing Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
- Miller Manufacturing Company1400 West 13th StreetGlencoe, MN 55336
- 651-982-5100 (Phone)
- 651-982-5149 (Fax)
GENEROUS BENEFIT PACKAGES*
- High-deductible health plan with 100% preventive services (in network)
- 100% coverage for preventive prescription medications
- Flexible spending account
- Life, accident, and disability insurance options
- Dental and vision plan options
- 401(k) and profit sharing
- Employee assistance program
- Additional benefits may apply to specific companies
*Available to qualified full-time employees