Production Manager - Metal Department
Miller Manufacturing Company, a market-leading manufacturer, distributor and marketer of farm, ranch, and pet products, is searching for a Production Manager (Metal Department) to join our team in Glencoe, Minnesota! Miller Manufacturing is locally owned, financially stable and growing – come join our team!
The Production Manager is primarily responsible for coordinating production scheduling with the Buyer/Planners, manage staffing levels to meet the schedule requirements, supporting the production operation and personnel, applying Lean manufacturing principles to improve the cost, quality and delivery of product and coordinating internal operations with other functional departments.
- Assure Manufacturing Order efficiency through hour-by-hour tracking, standard vs. actual labor performance, and operation dispatch management to support production schedule attainment, provide timely feedback to the shop floor and maintain accurate product costing
- Execute production plans in partnership with Buyer/Planner(s) by providing accurate capability parameters, and ensuring production has the necessary capacity and resources to attain the production schedule in an efficient manner
- Apply Lean Manufacturing principles to improve the yield, efficiency and capacity of new and existing manufacturing processes through standard work, eliminating non-value added activity and waste to minimize Manufacturing Order cost variance and improve profitability
- Maintain accurate work documentation and coordinate with process engineering to analyze and maintain proper labor standards as design, components, equipment and processes change for new and existing products
- Identify and define staffing needs, coordinate with Supervisors and Human Resources to recruit and fill open positions, ensure proper On-Boarding steps are completed and training is provided to maintain production capacity and capability to meet productive standards
- Manage scrap tracking, adjustments, cycle count, order close, and ensure proper physical handling and system management procedures are followed at all times to maintain accurate inventories
- Provide timely communication and coordination within manufacturing and with other functional departments to assure proper decision making, obtain needed support and efficiently execute manufacturing operations. Remaining “on call” and work extra hours as needed to handle plant equipment problems or other priority situations.
- Ensure PPE and work safety policy requirements are enforced, accident/incident investigations are accurate and 8 steps problem solving are complete to foster a safe working environment and protect employees, property and equipment.
Knowledge, Education and/or Experience:
- (4) year degree, or (10) years of experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook
- Experience in agricultural industries preferred
- On the job training may be required.
Pre-employment drug screening and background check required.Job details (PDF)
About Miller Manufacturing Company
Miller Manufacturing Company is a market-leading manufacturer, distributor and marketer of farm, ranch, and pet products which are sold under the brand names of Little Giant®, Hot-Shot®, Springer Magrath®, Double-Tuf®, Pet Lodge™, and API®. At the core of Miller’s values is our commitment to American manufacturing, with most of our products designed, manufactured, and distributed here in the United States.
Miller Manufacturing started as a family-owned business in 1941 and today is owned and operated by Frandsen Corporation of North Branch, MN. Miller Manufacturing’s catalog features over 1,000 products which are sold through a large network of farm and animal health supply distributors in the United States and over 30 countries around the world.
Miller has remained focused on its core channel in the farm and ranch market since 1941 while continuing to provide innovative products alongside time-tested solutions to a broad range of customers. As a one-stop shop for companies looking for a full breadth of product for the farm and ranch consumer, Miller continues to manufacture quality, cost-competitive products to our customers.
Miller Manufacturing Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
- Miller Manufacturing Company1400 West 13th StreetGlencoe, MN 55336
- 651-982-5100 (Phone)
- 651-982-5149 (Fax)
GENEROUS BENEFIT PACKAGES*
- High-deductible health plan with 100% preventive services (in network)
- 100% coverage for preventive prescription medications
- Flexible spending account
- Life, accident, and disability insurance options
- Dental and vision plan options
- 401(k) and profit sharing
- Employee assistance program
- Additional benefits may apply to specific companies
*Available to qualified full-time employees