MATERIAL HANDLER ASSEMBLY, FIRST SHIFT
The Material Handler is primarily responsible for the movement of necessary supplies to and from assembly workstations. This position also removes finished product from Assembly and transports them to warehouse pick up areas to meet delivery deadlines. The Material Handler will also assist the Assembly Supervisor in providing direction and breaks to Assemblers, training and product tracking as needed. May back up the Assembly Lead with process setups.
Essential functions of this position include:
• Supplies each assembler’s location with necessary materials needed for upcoming jobs such as packaging, components, labels, etc. Also continuously supplies materials throughout the shift to keep each job running.
• Removes finished product off lines and transports to warehouse pick-up areas to get product out in a timely manner.
• May back up the Lead Assembler with completing assembly process setups and applicable assembler training to ensure proper set up for production
• Maintains a clean, organized and safe work environment. Identifies and resolves potential safety hazards.
Knowledge, Education, Experience and/or Certifications:
• Requires a high school diploma or general education degree
• Forklift experience preferred. Forklift certification required (training will be provided).
• On-the-job training may be required
• Read, analyze, and interpret general business documents such as Picture Packet, Procedure Manual and safety rules.
• A qualified candidate must possess the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
• Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but non-engaging, written and oral instructions.
• Define problems, collect data, establish facts and direct questions to supervisor when necessary.
• Apply good judgment in recognizing scope of authority.
• Use of depth perception, close vision, and color vision are all continuously required.
About Lakeland Tool & Engineering
Lakeland Tool and Engineering, Inc., is a full-service custom precision thermoplastic and thermoset mold builder and molder for the worldwide market. For over 44 years, product design engineers have relied on our excellent service and quality molding capabilities. With the emphasis on customer needs, we work with product designers throughout product development to ensure the best in product design, mold design, material selection, and cost-effective tooling and production.
Lakeland Tool & Engineering is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
- Lakeland Tool & Engineering2939 6th Avenue NorthAnoka, MN 55303
- 763-422-8866 (Phone)
- 763.422.8867 (Fax)
GENEROUS BENEFIT PACKAGES*
- Health insurance with 100% coverage for preventive services (in network)
- 100% coverage for preventive prescription medications
- Flexible spending account
- Life, accident, and disability insurance options
- Dental and vision plan options
- 401(k) and profit sharing
- Employee assistance program
- Additional benefits may apply to specific companies
*Available to qualified full-time employees