Receptionist/HRD Administrative Assistant
Receptionist/HRD Administrative Assistant Glencoe Minnesota!
The Receptionist/HRD Administrative Assistant position is responsible for acting as the first point of public contact for the Glencoe main office and the primary business phone line during regular business hours. This position will primarily support Human Resources with HR specific duties and administrative functions and may also perform administrative duties for the General Manager and executive team
- Represents Miller Manufacturing professionally by greeting, screening and directing visitors, employees and potential employees in a positive, clear and professional manner to both in person and on the phone.
- Ensures visitor compliance with sign in, confidentiality and COVID-19 procedure requirements to help ensure security and confidentiality of business operations are maintained.
- Maintains the front office as well as shared work areas (i.e. employee kiosks, storage room, copy area) to ensure supplies are available, stocked, and organized and a professional appearance is maintained.
- Supports and assists with meeting/event preparation and execution including maintaining and posting the daily conference room calendar.
- Confidentially assists the Human Resource department with administrative duties such as creation and maintenance of spreadsheets, presentations, employee communication, attendance tracking, and employee and other mailings to ensure timely and accurate communication to employees and HR file and reporting accuracy.
- Maintains employee and department physical and electronic files and records to ensure compliance with federal and state laws as well as company policies and allow for easy retrieval of documents.
- Confidentially assists HRD in recruitment and onboarding efforts as directed including tasks such as candidate tracking, scheduling interviews, and preparing interview and onboarding documents/folders to ensure timely communication and a positive experience for candidates as well as new employees.
- Confidentially handle, sort, and deliver mail to intended recipients daily to ensure timely delivery of mail.
- Maintains marlin boards and other company communications.
- Other support items as assigned such as petty cash, invoices and administrative support to the General Manager and other Executive Team Members.
- Assists with company-sponsored events and employee promotional items and gifts in coordination with the event committees, HRD and management to promote company values and drive a positive culture.
Knowledge, Education and/or Experience:
- Requires a high school diploma or general education degree (GED), three to five years of related experience and/or training, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bilingual (Spanish) highly preferred
- 2 or 4 year degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum of one year experience in Human Resources preferred.
- Exceptional PC skills including - Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience using an HRIS system is preferred.
- On-the-job training may be required.
*Pre-employment drug screening and background check are required.
About Miller Manufacturing Company
Miller Manufacturing Company is a market-leading manufacturer, distributor and marketer of farm, ranch, and pet products which are sold under the brand names of Little Giant®, Hot-Shot®, Springer Magrath®, Double-Tuf®, Pet Lodge™, and API®. At the core of Miller’s values is our commitment to American manufacturing, with most of our products designed, manufactured, and distributed here in the United States.
Miller Manufacturing started as a family-owned business in 1941 and today is owned and operated by Frandsen Corporation of North Branch, MN. Miller Manufacturing’s catalog features over 1,000 products which are sold through a large network of farm and animal health supply distributors in the United States and over 30 countries around the world.
Miller has remained focused on its core channel in the farm and ranch market since 1941 while continuing to provide innovative products alongside time-tested solutions to a broad range of customers. As a one-stop shop for companies looking for a full breadth of product for the farm and ranch consumer, Miller continues to manufacture quality, cost-competitive products to our customers.
Miller Manufacturing Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
- Miller Manufacturing Company1400 West 13th StreetGlencoe, MN 55336
- 651-982-5100 (Phone)
- 651-982-5149 (Fax)
GENEROUS BENEFIT PACKAGES*
- High-deductible health plan with 100% preventive services (in network)
- 100% coverage for preventive prescription medications
- Flexible spending account
- Life, accident, and disability insurance options
- Dental and vision plan options
- 401(k) and profit sharing
- Employee assistance program
- Additional benefits may apply to specific companies
*Available to qualified full-time employees