The Quality Engineer is responsible for implementing, improving, and optimizing processes and work station layouts for the molding and assembly areas within the organization to improve safety, quality, delivery, and costs. You work as a liaison between customers and internal production, engineering, and quality departments to promote efficiency, implement corrective actions, and promote continuous improvement. In this position you will develop written work instructions, testing procedures, fixturing, and recommend tooling requirements and changes as needed. The Quality Engineer also participates in APQP meetings to create and update PFMEAs, control plans, and product flow diagrams. This role also provides support to the Director of Quality Assurance and works with Management to champion the 26 Fundamentals and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Requires a high school diploma or general education degree (GED), three to five years of related experience and/or training, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency with all programs in Microsoft Office Suite.
Communicate effectively with co-workers and management.
Present information to and respond to questions from groups of managers and employees.
Ability to read, interpret, and provide training on documents such as Work Instructions (picture packets), IOP, procedure manual(s) and safety rules.
Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Read instruments such as gauges and indicators on equipment (on the job training may be required).
Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but non-engaging, written and oral instructions.
Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Apply good judgment in recognizing scope of authority.
A qualified candidate must possess the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
- Basic understanding of ISO9001 systems and processes.
Pre-employment drug screening and/or testing and background checks are required.
About Plastech Corporation
Plastech Corporation is a diversified custom manufacturer of high quality, injection molded components and fully assembled products. Throughout its fifty-year existence, Plastech has had a single owner. That continuity, coupled with financial stability, has enabled Plastech to steadily expand our injection molding capabilities and plastics processing technologies. Plastech has become a complete supplier of injection molded, assembled and packaged products for drop shipment to customers throughout North America by focusing on a single objective -- Perfect Parts, On Time, Every Time
Plastech Corporation is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
- Plastech Corporation920 South Frandsen AvenueP.O. Box 7Rush City, MN 55069
- 651.407.5700 (Phone)
- 651.407.5495 (Fax)
GENEROUS BENEFIT PACKAGES*
- High-deductible health plan with 100% preventive services (in network)
- 100% coverage for preventive prescription medications
- Flexible spending account
- Life, accident, and disability insurance options
- Dental and vision plan options
- 401(k) and profit sharing
- Employee assistance program
- Additional benefits may apply to specific companies
*Available to qualified full-time employees