Lead/Trainer - Molding, 2nd Shift (Internal Only)
Lead/Trainer - Molding Department - 2nd Shift
The Lead Operator responsible for overseeing and assisting Press Operators to ensure they operate and maintain injection-molding presses or other manufacturing equipment safely. Check product being produced to specified Quality Inspection Plan to assure conformance to requirements is met.
- Provides direction and assists operators when needed. Relieves Press Operators for each scheduled break.
- Continuously monitors and ensures work policies and procedures are being followed at each press in assigned section.
- Inspects parts for visual defects such as shorts, flash, contamination, etc. in cooperation with the QA Technicians ensuring conformance to product specifications.
- Supplies each press in assigned section with the necessary materials needed for upcoming jobs such as packaging, components, labels, etc. Also continuously supplies materials throughout the shift to keep each job running.
- Maintains a clean, organized, and safe work environment. Identifies and resolves potential safety hazards.
- Completes Lead Operator count sheet to keep track of product being taken off the production floor and brought to warehouse. Also ensures press operators are entering scrap into the IQMS Real Time Monitoring System.
- Coordinates with the other Lead Operators and the Operator Supervisor on all production and personnel matters as needed to meet work objectives.
- Works closely with the Operator Supervisor on coordination of training for new employees and coordination of daily work for the Press Operators.
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- One year experience in manufacturing and/or assembly line or related production preferred.
About Lakeland Tool & Engineering
Lakeland Tool and Engineering, Inc., is a full-service custom precision thermoplastic and thermoset mold builder and molder for the worldwide market. For over 44 years, product design engineers have relied on our excellent service and quality molding capabilities. With the emphasis on customer needs, we work with product designers throughout product development to ensure the best in product design, mold design, material selection, and cost-effective tooling and production.
Lakeland Tool & Engineering is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
- Lakeland Tool & Engineering2939 6th Avenue NorthAnoka, MN 55303
- 763-422-8866 (Phone)
- 763.422.8867 (Fax)
GENEROUS BENEFIT PACKAGES*
- Health insurance with 100% coverage for preventive services (in network)
- 100% coverage for preventive prescription medications
- Flexible spending account
- Life, accident, and disability insurance options
- Dental and vision plan options
- 401(k) and profit sharing
- Employee assistance program
- Additional benefits may apply to specific companies
*Available to qualified full-time employees