- Lead and coordinate projects for the design and build of equipment enhancements
- Monitor manufacturing activities and measure important process characteristics using relevant methods of test and analysis to locate sources and quantify extent of process variation
- Troubleshoot manufacturing, quality and assembly issues. Provide root cause and corrective action analysis and recommendations
- Apply continuous improvement/lean concepts to identify and eliminate non-value added tasks and/or activities. Utilizing Design of Experiments (DOE), Statistical Process Control (SPC) and other techniques to engineer solutions
- Work with Tool and Fixture Specialist to design/build necessary fixtures and tooling to improve Manufacturing efficiencies
- Facilitating the successful launch of new products into Manufacturing by working with New Products Engineering to understand product requirements and ensure manufacturing processes will meet them
- Lead and coordinate projects for design, install, debug & qualifying tooling, capital equipment and assembly/test equipment
- Develop and implement process control techniques and procedures into manufacturing environment on all new equipment
- Work with Tool and Fixture Specialist to design/build necessary fixtures and tooling as needed for development project
Provide project management for effective implementation of optimized processes and equipment.
- Act as project leader on assigned projects. Assist in the development of robust processes to manage the selection, prioritization and execution of product and process related projects to meet established company goals.
- Lead Design For Manufacturability (DFM) effort to ensure new products are designed to enable safe, cost efficient production.
- Provide feedback during Design Reviews, Design and Process FMEA’s, etc. on Design for Manufacturability of new and re-engineered products. Influencing product designs to ensure economical manufacturability.
- Maintain Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to ensure the correct opportunities are being worked on.
- Actively provide input and support for the continuous improvement of Miller product development/engineering processes that will contribute to higher quality, efficiency gains, and potential cost savings. Lead and support the development of measurable indices and dashboards.
- Create, document, and improve procedures used to assemble, test, and/or, manufacture products. Define and create Work Instructions, Standards of Work, and Preventative Maintenance recommendations.
- Communicate effectively to ensure everybody understands the intended message.
- Communicate product support and improvement activities, issues, and project status to key stakeholders and executive team.
- Department SME on Six Sigma and Lean philosophies. Lead and participate in Kaizen events for the department and company.
Knowledge, Education and/or Experience:
- Four year Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering degree is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Creo and AutoCAD is required.
- ERP experience is a plus.
- Experience in developing/optimizing equipment/processes is preferred.
- Experience with plastic injection molded parts/process, metal forming, and electro-mechanical design is preferred.
- Clear understanding in the application of statistics, DOE, and root cause analysis.
About Miller Manufacturing Company
Miller Manufacturing Company is a market-leading manufacturer, distributor and marketer of farm, ranch, and pet products which are sold under the brand names of Little Giant®, Hot-Shot®, Springer Magrath®, Double-Tuf®, Pet Lodge™, and API®. At the core of Miller’s values is our commitment to American manufacturing, with most of our products designed, manufactured, and distributed here in the United States.
Miller Manufacturing started as a family-owned business in 1941 and today is owned and operated by Frandsen Corporation of North Branch, MN. Miller Manufacturing’s catalog features over 1,000 products which are sold through a large network of farm and animal health supply distributors in the United States and over 30 countries around the world.
Miller has remained focused on its core channel in the farm and ranch market since 1941 while continuing to provide innovative products alongside time-tested solutions to a broad range of customers. As a one-stop shop for companies looking for a full breadth of product for the farm and ranch consumer, Miller continues to manufacture quality, cost-competitive products to our customers.
Miller Manufacturing Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
- Miller Manufacturing Company1400 West 13th StreetGlencoe, MN 55336
- 651-982-5100 (Phone)
- 651-982-5149 (Fax)
GENEROUS BENEFIT PACKAGES*
- High-deductible health plan with 100% preventive services (in network)
- 100% coverage for preventive prescription medications
- Flexible spending account
- Life, accident, and disability insurance options
- Dental and vision plan options
- 401(k) and profit sharing
- Employee assistance program
- Additional benefits may apply to specific companies
*Available to qualified full-time employees