Material Handler - Molding, 3rd Shift (Internal Only)
INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY
The Material Handler is responsible for the movement of raw materials to and from the workstations for each job. Assures that material-dryers, loaders and other material handling equipment are available, operational and clean. Additional responsibilities include managing the material handling area; keep all material and packaging clean and free from contamination and damage.
3rd Shift Schedule: Monday Night - Saturday Morning, 11:00pm - 7:30am, overtime as necessary
Wage Scale: $16.00/hr + $2.00/hr Shift Differential
- Perform hourly rounds of each press which consist of the monitoring of resin requirements such as material changes, preparing back-ups and blending material. This will also include the monitoring of material equipment such as dryers, hoppers and grinders, all to ensure production needs are met and to ensure all equipment is functioning properly.
- Use proper labeling and storage procedures for resin, material hoppers, mixing bins and grinders and the printing of labels for identification of such. Tracking material movements and reporting blends. Each function is to prevent the cross mixing of materials, that each work order receives the correct material, that each work station is labeled properly for all material handling equipment, and to effectively track all material transactions.
- Use appropriate reports for the monitoring of resins needed for current production needs and future forecasting of upcoming jobs, including backups, which ensures future production needs are met in a timely manner and to avoid press down time.
- Empty and clean material handling equipment which includes, but is not limited to: regrinders, mixers, dryers, filters and loaders, to avoid press down time from contamination of materials and to prevent molded part contamination at the press.
- Compliance with plant wide housekeeping expectations in all affected areas of job duties, which includes forklifts, as needed throughout the course of the shift to avoid safety concerns / slip hazards.
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred.
- Forklift experience preferred. Forklift certification required (training will be provided).
- On-the-job training may be required.
About Lakeland Tool & Engineering
Lakeland Tool and Engineering, Inc., is a full-service custom precision thermoplastic and thermoset mold builder and molder for the worldwide market. For over 44 years, product design engineers have relied on our excellent service and quality molding capabilities. With the emphasis on customer needs, we work with product designers throughout product development to ensure the best in product design, mold design, material selection, and cost-effective tooling and production.
Lakeland Tool & Engineering is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
- Lakeland Tool & Engineering2939 6th Avenue NorthAnoka, MN 55303
- 763-422-8866 (Phone)
- 763.422.8867 (Fax)
GENEROUS BENEFIT PACKAGES*
- Health insurance with 100% coverage for preventive services (in network)
- 100% coverage for preventive prescription medications
- Flexible spending account
- Life, accident, and disability insurance options
- Dental and vision plan options
- 401(k) and profit sharing
- Employee assistance program
- Additional benefits may apply to specific companies
*Available to qualified full-time employees