Molding Shift Supervisor - 2nd Shift
Lakeland Tool & Engineering, a complete precision thermoplastic, engineering and manufacturing services provider, is searching for a Molding Shift Supervisor (2nd Shift) to join our team at our manufacturing facility in Anoka, Minnesota.
Summary of Position:
The Molding Shift Supervisor is responsible for the daily activities related to the manufacturing of components and/or finished product in the Molding Department. This position provides leadership and coaching to technical and hourly employees to achieve desired quality, quantity, service and cost standards through safe and proper utilization of materials and equipment.
- Manages day to day production activities to ensure that production schedules are met, quality parts are being produced, and target overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) is met or exceeded daily.
- Works closely with Leads to improve product flow, quality, and develop and maintain systems to reduce scrap and waste.
- Communicates with preceding and oncoming shifts to designate work assignments and expectations to achieve scrap and efficiency goals.
- Trains, develops, mentors, and directs staff and provides discipline as necessary to ensure a productive, efficient and competent workforce is in place to meet scheduled requirements in a safe environment.
- Recommends, initiates, or facilitates measures from technical staff to improve production methods, equipment performance, product quality, changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency, improve quality and reduce waste.
- Reviews and evaluates employee performance utilizing the performance management system to develop a competent workforce.
- Reviews and edits timecards on a weekly basis to ensure accurate time reporting.
- Maintains a safe working environment by ensuring proper use of personal protective equipment and compliance with company safety rules and procedures by all employees on shift. Completes safety audits, workplace organization audits, and accident investigation reports as necessary to maintain a clean, organized and safe work environment.
- At least five years of related injection molding experience.
- Associates degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school is preferred.
- Supervisory experience required; minimum of 3-5 years preferred.
- Mold set experience preferred.
- Knowledge of material processing.
- Knowledge of defects and defect reduction.
- Experience with Lean/5S.
- Demonstrated high proficiency with all programs in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to communicate, both orally and in written form; able to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
Pre-employment drug testing and background check is required.Job details (PDF)
About Lakeland Tool & Engineering
Lakeland Tool and Engineering, Inc., is a full-service custom precision thermoplastic and thermoset mold builder and molder for the worldwide market. For over 44 years, product design engineers have relied on our excellent service and quality molding capabilities. With the emphasis on customer needs, we work with product designers throughout product development to ensure the best in product design, mold design, material selection, and cost-effective tooling and production.
Lakeland Tool & Engineering is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
- Lakeland Tool & Engineering2939 6th Avenue NorthAnoka, MN 55303
- 763-422-8866 (Phone)
- 763.422.8867 (Fax)
GENEROUS BENEFIT PACKAGES*
- Health insurance with 100% coverage for preventive services (in network)
- 100% coverage for preventive prescription medications
- Flexible spending account
- Life, accident, and disability insurance options
- Dental and vision plan options
- 401(k) and profit sharing
- Employee assistance program
- Additional benefits may apply to specific companies
*Available to qualified full-time employees