Summary of Position:
The Warehouse Manager is primarily responsible for managing the overall warehouse and distribution functions for Miller Manufacturing. This position will execute policies, programs, and procedures to support delivery requirements and total customer satisfaction. This position is also responsible for the overall development, implementation and management of the product storage, order fulfillment, and delivery policies and the overall planning and coordination of physical distribution.
- Leads, manages and directs the efforts of the DC staff. Trains, coaches and motivates staff to perform at high levels of performance. Has the ability to manage fluctuating work load expectations as the business shifts throughout the year to support seasonality.
- Engage employees and monitor performance of DC staff to clearly communicate expectations. Provide feedback through coaching, performance reviews and training to provide the necessary tools for employees to be successful. Complete all documentation and corrective actions in a timely manner to provide essential feedback and drive desired performance.
- Collaborate with Logistics Manager on the weekly shipping schedule to maximize shipping capabilities and ship orders on time.
- Manage training procedures for all warehouse functions by reviewing, developing and implementing training documentation and SOP’s to improve efficiencies of staff. Ensure all Miller policies and procedures with relation to the DC are clearly defined and implemented to drive expected results.
- Fill orders accurately, maintain clean/organized work environment, stack pallets effectively to assure the product is delivered on time and complete per the customer order/delivery criteria.
- Advise the Supply Chain department on low inventory levels in order to avoid back orders. Communicate backorders to management weekly to improve performance.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement efforts in the DC necessary to reduce costs, improve efficiency and promote a positive work environment. Develop plans and change the layout of the warehouse to ensure maximum efficiencies.
- Ensure total customer satisfaction by providing support to customer service, planning, and inventory control and production functions as needed to support the business.
- Maintain a safe working environment, collaborating with the Environmental Health and Safety Specialist position to ensure work and safety procedures are followed. Review and implement improvements as necessary to reduce incidents.
- Lead, participate and provide input on various project teams to support companywide initiatives
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in warehouse and/or logistics management with a minimum of 5 years of direct leadership experience.
- Associates degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school preferred.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office Programs such as Outlook, Excel and Word.
Pre-employment drug testing and backgound check is required.
About Miller Manufacturing Company
Miller Manufacturing Company is a market-leading manufacturer, distributor and marketer of farm, ranch, and pet products which are sold under the brand names of Little Giant®, Hot-Shot®, Springer Magrath®, Double-Tuf®, Pet Lodge™, and API®. At the core of Miller’s values is our commitment to American manufacturing, with most of our products designed, manufactured, and distributed here in the United States.
Miller Manufacturing started as a family-owned business in 1941 and today is owned and operated by Frandsen Corporation of North Branch, MN. Miller Manufacturing’s catalog features over 1,000 products which are sold through a large network of farm and animal health supply distributors in the United States and over 30 countries around the world.
Miller has remained focused on its core channel in the farm and ranch market since 1941 while continuing to provide innovative products alongside time-tested solutions to a broad range of customers. As a one-stop shop for companies looking for a full breadth of product for the farm and ranch consumer, Miller continues to manufacture quality, cost-competitive products to our customers.
Miller Manufacturing Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
- Miller Manufacturing Company1400 West 13th StreetGlencoe, MN 55336
- 651-982-5100 (Phone)
- 651-982-5149 (Fax)
GENEROUS BENEFIT PACKAGES*
- High-deductible health plan with 100% preventive services (in network)
- 100% coverage for preventive prescription medications
- Flexible spending account
- Life, accident, and disability insurance options
- Dental and vision plan options
- 401(k) and profit sharing
- Employee assistance program
- Additional benefits may apply to specific companies
*Available to qualified full-time employees