Lead Assembler - 2nd Shift
Lakeland Tool & Engineering, a complete precision thermoplastic, engineering and manufacturing services provider for the worldwide market, is searching for a Lead Assembler - 2nd Shift to join our team in Anoka, Minnesota.
Summary of Position:
Performs visual inspection of parts and package parts for shipment to customers. Responsible for overseeing and assisting Assemblers to ensure they operate and maintain assembly machine and other second operation equipment safely. Checks product being assembled in second operation and tool room to ensure conformance to requirements is met.
2nd Shift Schedule: Monday - Friday 3:00 - 11:30pm, overtime as necessary
Wage Scale: $15.50/hr + $1.00 Shift Differential
- Provides direction and assists assemblers when needed. Relieves second operation assembler for each scheduled break when required.
- Continuously monitors and ensures work instructions and procedures are being followed at each press in assigned section.
- Inspects parts for visual defects such as shorts, flash, contamination, etc. in cooperation with the QA Technicians ensuring conformance to product specifications.
- Supplies each assembler’s location with the necessary materials needed for upcoming jobs such as packaging, components, labels, etc. Also continuously supplies materials throughout the shift to keep each job running.
- Maintains a clean, organized, and safe work environment. Identifies and resolves potential safety hazards.
- Completes Lead assembler count sheet to keep track of product being taken off the production floor and brought to warehouse. Also ensures press operators are entering scrap and non-conforming parts into material review form.
- Coordinates with the other Lead assembler and the Assembler Supervisor on all second operation and personnel matters as needed to meet work objectives.
- Works closely with the Assembly Supervisor on coordination of training for new employees and coordination of daily work for the 2nd operation assembler.
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred.
- One-year experience in manufacturing and/or assembly line or related production preferred.
- On-the-job training may be required.
Pre-employment drug testing and background check is required.Job details (PDF)
About Lakeland Tool & Engineering
Lakeland Tool and Engineering, Inc., is a full-service custom precision thermoplastic and thermoset mold builder and molder for the worldwide market. For over 44 years, product design engineers have relied on our excellent service and quality molding capabilities. With the emphasis on customer needs, we work with product designers throughout product development to ensure the best in product design, mold design, material selection, and cost-effective tooling and production.
Lakeland Tool & Engineering is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
- Lakeland Tool & Engineering2939 6th Avenue NorthAnoka, MN 55303
- 763-422-8866 (Phone)
- 763.422.8867 (Fax)
GENEROUS BENEFIT PACKAGES*
- Health insurance with 100% coverage for preventive services (in network)
- 100% coverage for preventive prescription medications
- Flexible spending account
- Life, accident, and disability insurance options
- Dental and vision plan options
- 401(k) and profit sharing
- Employee assistance program
- Additional benefits may apply to specific companies
*Available to qualified full-time employees