Miller Manufacturing Company, a market-leading manufacturer, distributor and marketer of farm, ranch, and pet products, is searching for a Maintenance Supervisor to join our team in Glencoe, Minnesota!
1st shift: Monday – Friday 7:00am – 3:30pm
Summary: The Maintenance Supervisor is primarily responsible to meet manufacturing, distribution and facilities requirements by scheduling and directing the execution of work requests in a timely and efficient manner. This position is also responsible for supervision, development and support of maintenance technicians assuring that proper coverage is provided on all shifts, for overtime and special projects.
Essential Functions: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below satisfactorily.
- Maintenance Work Order Execution:
- Review, approve and assign maintenance work orders to technicians.
- Determine priorities and communicate completion expectations to technicians, order requesters and the manager of the related facility.
- Monitor work order status and workload to assure requests are completed in an efficient manner.
- Close work orders in a timely manner assuring all entries are complete and accurate.
- Staff Support and Training:
- Edit and approve employee timecards including the tracking of occurrences.
- Approve all necessary overtime and communicate the reason to the Facilities Manager.
- Assure all paid time is logged to work orders and minimize non-productive time.
- Maintain a training matrix for technicians and provide for necessary training required to meet job expectations.
- Complete and perform all required performance reviews.
- Assist with interviewing and making selections in the recruitment process.
- MRO Inventory Management:
- Approve all Maintenance, Repair & Operations (MRO) inventory purchase requests.
- Maintain adequate MRO inventory and critical spares to assure process availability and recovery.
- Perform audits of MRO inventory and assure accuracy.
- Maintenance Organization:
- Assure all maintenance areas are kept clean and organized.
- Implement 6S organization techniques to protect and control tool and equipment assets and minimize search time.
- Asset cost tracking and KPI's:
- Provide data to support the cost of operation for equipment to assist with repair and replacement decisions.
- Provide key KPI’s at regular intervals.
- Loss Prevention:
- Assure staff understand and comply with all PPE and safety requirements, review and complete Accident/Incident reports and perform investigations in consultation with production Facilities Manager and EHS.
- Perform required area safety audits per the schedule and ensure that workplace safety policy, measures, labelling and devices are strictly adhered to.
- Remain available to handle issues as needed and back up the Facilities Manager in his absence.
Knowledge, Education and/or Experience:
- Requires a high school diploma or general education degree (GED), at least two years of experience working within a manufacturing environment, preferably at a supervisory level.
- This position requires forklift certification (training and certification can be provided.)
- On the job training may be required.
Pre-employment drug screening and background checks required.Job details (PDF)
About Miller Manufacturing Company
Miller Manufacturing Company is a market-leading manufacturer, distributor and marketer of farm, ranch, and pet products which are sold under the brand names of Little Giant®, Hot-Shot®, Springer Magrath®, Double-Tuf®, Pet Lodge™, and API®. At the core of Miller’s values is our commitment to American manufacturing, with most of our products designed, manufactured, and distributed here in the United States.
Miller Manufacturing started as a family-owned business in 1941 and today is owned and operated by Frandsen Corporation of North Branch, MN. Miller Manufacturing’s catalog features over 1,000 products which are sold through a large network of farm and animal health supply distributors in the United States and over 30 countries around the world.
Miller has remained focused on its core channel in the farm and ranch market since 1941 while continuing to provide innovative products alongside time-tested solutions to a broad range of customers. As a one-stop shop for companies looking for a full breadth of product for the farm and ranch consumer, Miller continues to manufacture quality, cost-competitive products to our customers.
Miller Manufacturing Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
- Miller Manufacturing Company1400 West 13th StreetGlencoe, MN 55336
- 651-982-5100 (Phone)
- 651-982-5149 (Fax)
GENEROUS BENEFIT PACKAGES*
- High-deductible health plan with 100% preventive services (in network)
- 100% coverage for preventive prescription medications
- Flexible spending account
- Life, accident, and disability insurance options
- Dental and vision plan options
- 401(k) and profit sharing
- Employee assistance program
- Additional benefits may apply to specific companies
*Available to qualified full-time employees