Master Scheduler/Inventory Control
Lakeland Tool & Engineering, a complete precision thermoplastic, engineering and manufacturing services provider for the worldwide market, is searching for a Master Scheduler/Inventory Control to join our team in Anoka, Minnesota.
Summary of Position:
The Master Scheduler/Inventory Control is primarily responsible for scheduling production onsite for injection molding, the assembly department and for remote manufacturing facilities. This individual also coordinates and maintains inventory control throughout the facility. Works closely with manufacturing and warehouse personnel.
- Coordinate weekly and annual production schedules working closely with production teams to meet customer demands. Understand and reconcile differences between total production and available resources to maximize utilization of resources. Works closely with S&OP specialist to execute the master schedule
- Consistently executes the scheduling functions to maintain appropriate inventory levels to support a sales forecast. Makes sound decisions and takes responsibility for the scheduling functions. Maintains a professional demeanor with internal/external contacts and represent the business in a positive manner by using the 26 Fundamentals to drive behavior.
- Coordinates and performs inventory control throughout all manufacturing departments and distribution center to maintain inventory accuracy.
- Manages cycle count generation in the ERP system
- Performs and/or directs daily cycle counting activity
- Identifies discrepancies, reconciles results and determines corrective actions
- Obtains necessary approvals and makes required inventory adjustments
- Maintains accurate filing system of all adjustments/approvals for annual audits
- Provides monthly statistics on cycle counting and inventory control activity
- Prepares for and assists with the year-end audit process
- Releases manufacturing orders weekly as needed to Operations. Monitors and reacts to action messages daily to maintain inventory levels.
- Documents and provides training on inventory control processes to ensure consistency of procedures on all shifts and that trained backup coverage is in place. May perform other tasks and special projects as assigned to support the department.
- Retains a current forklift certification and performs safe forklift operations at all times.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration, or Economics or three to five years of related experience and/or training, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires at least three years of experience using an ERP system.
- Demonstrated high proficiency with all programs in Microsoft Office Suite.
- APICS Certification or the ability to become certified within 18 months of hire.
- Requires Forklift certification (training and certification will be provided).
- On-the-job training may be required.
- Read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations and professional drawings.
- Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Present information to and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Pre-employment drug testing and background check is required.Job details (PDF)
About Lakeland Tool & Engineering
Lakeland Tool and Engineering, Inc., is a full-service custom precision thermoplastic and thermoset mold builder and molder for the worldwide market. For over 44 years, product design engineers have relied on our excellent service and quality molding capabilities. With the emphasis on customer needs, we work with product designers throughout product development to ensure the best in product design, mold design, material selection, and cost-effective tooling and production.
Lakeland Tool & Engineering is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
- Lakeland Tool & Engineering2939 6th Avenue NorthAnoka, MN 55303
- 763-422-8866 (Phone)
- 763.422.8867 (Fax)
GENEROUS BENEFIT PACKAGES*
- Health insurance with 100% coverage for preventive services (in network)
- 100% coverage for preventive prescription medications
- Flexible spending account
- Life, accident, and disability insurance options
- Dental and vision plan options
- 401(k) and profit sharing
- Employee assistance program
- Additional benefits may apply to specific companies
*Available to qualified full-time employees