Miller Manufacturing Company, a market-leading manufacturer, distributor and marketer of farm, ranch, and pet products, is searching for an Accounting Clerk to join our team at our corporate office in Eagan, Minnesota! Miller Manufacturing is locally owned, financially stable and growing – come join our team!
The Accounting Clerk (Accounts Receivable) receives daily deposits, credits customer accounts, follows up on past due receivables, assists the billing clerk, and performs the exceptional debit/credit customer invoicing.
- Accounts receivable activities including ensuring all customer payments are entered and posted in a timely manner, monitoring and resolving small account discrepancies, and producing monthly customer statements to ensure accounts are paid, accurate and up to date.
- Reviews and adjusts credit limits to ensure orders are not placed on hold if a customer is not past due.
- Collection and billback activities including but not limited to weekly AR review of aging, contacting customers to resolve past due issues, and working with customer service and sales teams to resolve customer billbacks.
- Billing activities such as the processing of special debit and credit memos, Projects Job Costing, and setting up electronic invoicing for new and existing customers to provide timely account information. This position is also responsible for learning and understanding the activities involved in the role of Billing Clerk to be able to act as back up when necessary.
- Provide support for a variety of tasks within the Accounting Department including but not limited to maintenance of the postage meter account, running mail, export insurance reporting and completing the weekly check run audit.
- Month and Year End activities including but not limited to reconcilement of the AR Aging report to the General Ledger, completing special audit requests, and bank statement reconcilement to the general ledger. This position will also provide backup to Accounts Payable to ensure invoices are processed and payments are issued in the absence of accounting personnel assigned to this area.
- Associates Degree (AA) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school, or 6 months to 1 year related experience and/or training, or a combination of education and experience.
- Must possess an understanding of the laws and regulations within the accounting and finance industry.
- Database application experience (Infor M3 preferred).
- Experience using Microsoft office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Must possess the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos, write simple correspondence, and communicate effectively with c-workers and management.
- Must possess the ability to calculate figures and amounts correlated to discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but non-engaging, written and oral instructions.
- Ability to work evenings and/or weekends occasionally (occasional off-shift overtime may be required).
Pre-employment drug screening and background checks required.Job details (PDF)
About Miller Manufacturing Company
Miller Manufacturing Company is a market-leading manufacturer, distributor and marketer of farm, ranch, and pet products which are sold under the brand names of Little Giant®, Hot-Shot®, Springer Magrath®, Double-Tuf®, Pet Lodge™, and API®. At the core of Miller’s values is our commitment to American manufacturing, with most of our products designed, manufactured, and distributed here in the United States.
Miller Manufacturing started as a family-owned business in 1941 and today is owned and operated by Frandsen Corporation of North Branch, MN. Miller Manufacturing’s catalog features over 1,000 products which are sold through a large network of farm and animal health supply distributors in the United States and over 30 countries around the world.
Miller has remained focused on its core channel in the farm and ranch market since 1941 while continuing to provide innovative products alongside time-tested solutions to a broad range of customers. As a one-stop shop for companies looking for a full breadth of product for the farm and ranch consumer, Miller continues to manufacture quality, cost-competitive products to our customers.
Miller Manufacturing Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
- Miller Manufacturing Company1400 West 13th StreetGlencoe, MN 55336
- 651-982-5100 (Phone)
- 651-982-5149 (Fax)
GENEROUS BENEFIT PACKAGES*
- High-deductible health plan with 100% preventive services (in network)
- 100% coverage for preventive prescription medications
- Flexible spending account
- Life, accident, and disability insurance options
- Dental and vision plan options
- 401(k) and profit sharing
- Employee assistance program
- Additional benefits may apply to specific companies
*Available to qualified full-time employees