Miller Manufacturing Company, a market-leading manufacturer, distributor and marketer of farm, ranch, and pet products, is searching for an Accountant III to join our team at our corporate office in Eagan, Minnesota! Miller Manufacturing is locally owned, financially stable and growing – come join our team!
The Accountant III prepares, reviews, and publishes monthly and year-end financial statements in accordance with GAAP. In addition to financial reporting this position handles many of the day to day accounting operations questions that may come up through A/P and A/R.
- Management of the month-end process including activities such as month-end system lock down, calculations and posting to the general ledger, recurring entries and adjustments, payroll entry import, and bank statement reconciliation.
- Responsible for analyzing financial statements and researching variances, distribution of financial reports, assisting with operation review preparation, reviewing daily general ledger for errors and corrections, and tracking all prepaid payments.
- Management of the Year End process including activities such as processing closing entries, new year system preparation, and ensuring all debits and credits are posted to the correct general ledger accounts and researching any errors that occur.
- Support and assistance with other accounting functions including but not limited to assisting with AP check review, assisting accounting clerks with question or issues as they arise, and supporting the Director of Finance as needed.
- Lead the Annual Audit for the company; complete all audit requests.
- Completion of approved, safe and secure wire transfer payments (international and domestic).
- A two-year accounting degree is required along with two years of experience in general ledger accounting and financial statement preparation.
- Must possess an understanding of the laws and regulations within the accounting and finance industry.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Word and Outlook; Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Database application experience, preferably with Infor M3 or Global Spreadsheet Server.
- Must possess the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos, write simple correspondence, and communicate effectively with co-workers and management.
- Must possess the ability to calculate figures and amounts correlated to discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Must possess the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to work evenings and/or weekends occasionally (occasional off-shift overtime may be required).
Pre-employment drug screening and background checks required.Job details (PDF)
About Miller Manufacturing Company
Miller Manufacturing Company is a market-leading manufacturer, distributor and marketer of farm, ranch, and pet products which are sold under the brand names of Little Giant®, Hot-Shot®, Springer Magrath®, Double-Tuf®, Pet Lodge™, and API®. At the core of Miller’s values is our commitment to American manufacturing, with most of our products designed, manufactured, and distributed here in the United States.
Miller Manufacturing started as a family-owned business in 1941 and today is owned and operated by Frandsen Corporation of North Branch, MN. Miller Manufacturing’s catalog features over 1,000 products which are sold through a large network of farm and animal health supply distributors in the United States and over 30 countries around the world.
Miller has remained focused on its core channel in the farm and ranch market since 1941 while continuing to provide innovative products alongside time-tested solutions to a broad range of customers. As a one-stop shop for companies looking for a full breadth of product for the farm and ranch consumer, Miller continues to manufacture quality, cost-competitive products to our customers.
Miller Manufacturing Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
- Miller Manufacturing Company1400 West 13th StreetGlencoe, MN 55336
- 651-982-5100 (Phone)
- 651-982-5149 (Fax)
GENEROUS BENEFIT PACKAGES*
- High-deductible health plan with 100% preventive services (in network)
- 100% coverage for preventive prescription medications
- Flexible spending account
- Life, accident, and disability insurance options
- Dental and vision plan options
- 401(k) and profit sharing
- Employee assistance program
- Additional benefits may apply to specific companies
*Available to qualified full-time employees