Production Lead (Internal Only)
Miller Manufacturing Company, a market-leading manufacturer, distributor and marketer of farm, ranch, and pet products, is searching for a Production Lead to join our team in Glencoe, Minnesota!
1st shift: Monday – Friday 7:00am – 3:30pm
Summary: The Production Lead is primarily responsible for guiding production workers with a positive and motivating attitude in their assigned area of production to execute production schedules, produce quality products, safely, at or above standard rates utilizing Standard Work and maintaining accurate shop floor control.
Essential Functions: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below satisfactorily.
- Prepare and direct work assignments and job rotation for the production and assembly of products to support the production schedule.
- Perform MO transactions accurately and in real time, assure staff account for all working hours either to correct Manufacturing Order operation or indirect code. Record scrap and move materials in the system to maintain accurate inventory levels.
- Assure that staff perform all tasks using only the defined Standard Work method, track performance to standard, chart the results and provide feedback to employees to support the development, implementation, and maintenance of Lean manufacturing principles.
- Provide staff support and training to ensure employees have tools and resources needed to successfully complete tasks:
- Provide Orientation and Onboarding for new staff completing documentation in the required timeframe working closely with HR and Supervisors.
- Assure staff understand and comply with all PPE and safety requirements, complete Accident/Incident reports as required.
- Support the Training matrix for staff by tracking and submitting updates to Supervisors.
- Assist staff as needed with job setup and refilling point of use inventory.
- Provide performance feedback to supervisor to ensure accurate information is included in periodic reviews.
- Provide occurrence and attendance exception information for assigned staff to Supervisor for timecard editing and approval.
- Communicate with appropriate personnel as needed for material or processing issues immediately to ensure product meets current quality standards.
- Perform and/or direct the completion of autonomous maintenance tasks as defined and enter Thrive work orders when needed for maintenance support.
Knowledge, Education and/or Experience:
- Requires a high school diploma or general education degree (GED), one to three years of related experience and/or training, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- This position requires forklift certification (training and certification can be provided).
- On the job training may be required.
Pre-employment drug screening and background checks required.Job details (PDF)
About Miller Manufacturing Company
Miller Manufacturing Company is a market-leading manufacturer, distributor and marketer of farm, ranch, and pet products which are sold under the brand names of Little Giant®, Hot-Shot®, Springer Magrath®, Double-Tuf®, Pet Lodge™, and API®. At the core of Miller’s values is our commitment to American manufacturing, with most of our products designed, manufactured, and distributed here in the United States.
Miller Manufacturing started as a family-owned business in 1941 and today is owned and operated by Frandsen Corporation of North Branch, MN. Miller Manufacturing’s catalog features over 1,000 products which are sold through a large network of farm and animal health supply distributors in the United States and over 30 countries around the world.
Miller has remained focused on its core channel in the farm and ranch market since 1941 while continuing to provide innovative products alongside time-tested solutions to a broad range of customers. As a one-stop shop for companies looking for a full breadth of product for the farm and ranch consumer, Miller continues to manufacture quality, cost-competitive products to our customers.
Miller Manufacturing Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
- Miller Manufacturing Company1400 West 13th StreetGlencoe, MN 55336
- 651-982-5100 (Phone)
- 651-982-5149 (Fax)
GENEROUS BENEFIT PACKAGES*
- High-deductible health plan with 100% preventive services (in network)
- 100% coverage for preventive prescription medications
- Flexible spending account
- Life, accident, and disability insurance options
- Dental and vision plan options
- 401(k) and profit sharing
- Employee assistance program
- Additional benefits may apply to specific companies
*Available to qualified full-time employees