Quality Technician 2nd Shift (Internal Only)
Miller Manufacturing Company, a market-leading manufacturer, distributor and marketer of farm, ranch, and pet products, is searching for a Quality Technician to join our 2nd shift team in Glencoe, Minnesota!
2nd shift: Monday – Friday 3:15pm – 11:45pm
Summary: Perform audit inspections on incoming material, in process and finished product to ensure that our high levels of quality is met through quality standards and process controls at Miller and our supplier manufacturing processes. Generate the appropriate documentation, records, and reports. Support quality, product development, manufacturing and supply chain as needed.
Essential Functions: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below satisfactorily.
- Perform inspection of raw material, component parts and finished product as required. Evaluate the quality of products and accept or reject them based on Miller’s specifications.
- Create and maintain inspection results in M3. Generate various quality performance reports as required.
- Work closely with product support, manufacturing personnel, distribution, and supply chain to help quantify issues for corrective action and assist in implementation when needed.
- Assist in the disposition of non-conforming material through the MRB process.
- Evaluate customer returns, document the results in M3 and make recommendations to correct production or shipping issues when required.
- Support on-going continuous process improvement efforts making recommendations to the Quality Supervisor and other management personnel; assist in improvement implementation.
- Perform some light assembly work and product rework when required.
- Keep work area neat and organized including tools, product quality samples, and paperwork.
Knowledge, Education and/or Experience:
- Requires a high school diploma or general education degree (GED,) three to five years of related experience and/ or training, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- This position requires at least three years of experience using a database system.
- On the job training may be required.
Pre-employment drug screening and background checks required.Job details (PDF)
About Miller Manufacturing Company
Miller Manufacturing Company is a market-leading manufacturer, distributor and marketer of farm, ranch, and pet products which are sold under the brand names of Little Giant®, Hot-Shot®, Springer Magrath®, Double-Tuf®, Pet Lodge™, and API®. At the core of Miller’s values is our commitment to American manufacturing, with most of our products designed, manufactured, and distributed here in the United States.
Miller Manufacturing started as a family-owned business in 1941 and today is owned and operated by Frandsen Corporation of North Branch, MN. Miller Manufacturing’s catalog features over 1,000 products which are sold through a large network of farm and animal health supply distributors in the United States and over 30 countries around the world.
Miller has remained focused on its core channel in the farm and ranch market since 1941 while continuing to provide innovative products alongside time-tested solutions to a broad range of customers. As a one-stop shop for companies looking for a full breadth of product for the farm and ranch consumer, Miller continues to manufacture quality, cost-competitive products to our customers.
Miller Manufacturing Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
- Miller Manufacturing Company1400 West 13th StreetGlencoe, MN 55336
- 651-982-5100 (Phone)
- 651-982-5149 (Fax)
GENEROUS BENEFIT PACKAGES*
- High-deductible health plan with 100% preventive services (in network)
- 100% coverage for preventive prescription medications
- Flexible spending account
- Life, accident, and disability insurance options
- Dental and vision plan options
- 401(k) and profit sharing
- Employee assistance program
- Additional benefits may apply to specific companies
*Available to qualified full-time employees