Maintenance Technician II 2nd Shift
Miller Manufacturing Company, a market-leading manufacturer, distributor and marketer of farm, ranch, and pet products, is searching for a Maintenance Technician to join our 2nd shift team in Glencoe, Minnesota!
2nd shift: Monday – Friday 3:15pm – 11:45pm
Summary: The Maintenance Technician II position is responsible to perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and controls to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and to support processes improvement, quality and efficiency of operations.
Essential Functions: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below satisfactorily.
- Complete maintenance work orders as assigned for equipment and facilities.
- Maintain complete records in the Miller Thrive system, and provide sufficient documentation on all machinery repairs, enhancements, upgrades and preventative maintenance to help identify problematic equipment or processes.
- Diagnose equipment failures, determine root cause, detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to the maintenance supervisor.
- Perform simple machinist and carpentry duties and responsibilities to fabricate fixtures, parts, repair and process improvement solutions using a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment to better help provide maintenance support.
- Provide SME support by participating in design reviews, developing and executing projects, work closely with engineering to implement a long term solution.
- Mentor, train and support Tech I and other Tech II on areas of expertise, and work as a team to provide recommendations where ever needed in support of the maintenance team.
- Work with purchasing or other maintenance techs to source components and support the availability of MRO supplies as required to help maintain inventory of critical spares.
- Be available for overtime and to be on call when necessary to provide necessary support for production and distribution demands.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals, evaluate effectiveness and conduct and implement preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities to help maintain up time.
- Maintain a clean work space, pick up after projects are complete, put tools away in correct locations and help maintain 6 plans that are in place to help keep the maintenance areas clean organized and efficient.
Knowledge, Education and/or Experience:
- Requires a high school diploma or general education degree (GED,) three to five years of related experience and/ or training, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- This position also requires at least three years of experience providing maintenance in a manufacturing environment, including electrical, hydraulic and mechanical areas, preferably having experience working on injection molding machines.
- Must be able to weld, fabrication, perform simple electrical repair, and understand three phase power.
- On the job training may be required.
Pre-employment drug screening and background checks required.Job details (PDF)
About Miller Manufacturing Company
Miller Manufacturing Company is a market-leading manufacturer, distributor and marketer of farm, ranch, and pet products which are sold under the brand names of Little Giant®, Hot-Shot®, Springer Magrath®, Double-Tuf®, Pet Lodge™, and API®. At the core of Miller’s values is our commitment to American manufacturing, with most of our products designed, manufactured, and distributed here in the United States.
Miller Manufacturing started as a family-owned business in 1941 and today is owned and operated by Frandsen Corporation of North Branch, MN. Miller Manufacturing’s catalog features over 1,000 products which are sold through a large network of farm and animal health supply distributors in the United States and over 30 countries around the world.
Miller has remained focused on its core channel in the farm and ranch market since 1941 while continuing to provide innovative products alongside time-tested solutions to a broad range of customers. As a one-stop shop for companies looking for a full breadth of product for the farm and ranch consumer, Miller continues to manufacture quality, cost-competitive products to our customers.
Miller Manufacturing Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
- Miller Manufacturing Company1400 West 13th StreetGlencoe, MN 55336
- 651-982-5100 (Phone)
- 651-982-5149 (Fax)
GENEROUS BENEFIT PACKAGES*
- High-deductible health plan with 100% preventive services (in network)
- 100% coverage for preventive prescription medications
- Flexible spending account
- Life, accident, and disability insurance options
- Dental and vision plan options
- 401(k) and profit sharing
- Employee assistance program
- Additional benefits may apply to specific companies
*Available to qualified full-time employees