Custodian - 4 Week Temporary Position (Internal Only)
Miller Manufacturing Company, a market-leading manufacturer, distributor and marketer of farm, ranch, and pet products, is searching for Temporary Custodian to join our team in Glencoe, Minnesota! Miller Manufacturing is locally owned, financially stable and growing – come join our team!
1ST SHIFT: 7:00AM – 3:30PM
Summary: The Custodian performs cleaning and routine maintenance duties for the facilities and grounds. The position requires manual work and efficient performance of general cleaning/maintenance tasks which follow an established routine to maintain a safe and clean environment. This is a 4 week temporary position.
Essential Functions: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below satisfactorily.
- Detailed daily, weekly, monthly, periodic and semi-annual housekeeping responsibilities, including proper maintenance records and time tracking as required to maintain a safe and clean facility.
- Use and maintain assigned power equipment and hand tools; buffers, auto scrubbers, extractors, high pressure washers, high speed buffers and vacuums, brooms, mops, and squeegees for the cleaning and general maintenance of floors, walls, carpets, furniture, etc.
- Use and management of chemicals necessary for specific cleaning/maintenance tasks.
- Perform grounds keeping duties such as discarding debris, clearing walkways (sweeping, shoveling, spreading snow/ice melting chemicals) and weed whipping to maintain grounds in a safe and clean condition.
- Handling light maintenance duties as needed such as replacing fluorescent lights and bulbs, moving furniture/equipment/supplies, and painting to maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Maintain clean and orderly janitorial storage locations.
- Setup and arrange tables, chairs, etc. to prepare facility for company events.
- Reports promptly to the Facilities Manager any major repairs needed or damage to property to allow for timely repairs.
Knowledge, Education and/or Experience:
- Requires a high school diploma or general education degree (GED,) and at least six months experience performing manual labor.
- On the job training may be required.
Pre-employment Drug Screening and background checks are required.Job details (PDF)
About Miller Manufacturing Company
Miller Manufacturing Company is a market-leading manufacturer, distributor and marketer of farm, ranch, and pet products which are sold under the brand names of Little Giant®, Hot-Shot®, Springer Magrath®, Double-Tuf®, Pet Lodge™, and API®. At the core of Miller’s values is our commitment to American manufacturing, with most of our products designed, manufactured, and distributed here in the United States.
Miller Manufacturing started as a family-owned business in 1941 and today is owned and operated by Frandsen Corporation of North Branch, MN. Miller Manufacturing’s catalog features over 1,000 products which are sold through a large network of farm and animal health supply distributors in the United States and over 30 countries around the world.
Miller has remained focused on its core channel in the farm and ranch market since 1941 while continuing to provide innovative products alongside time-tested solutions to a broad range of customers. As a one-stop shop for companies looking for a full breadth of product for the farm and ranch consumer, Miller continues to manufacture quality, cost-competitive products to our customers.
Miller Manufacturing Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
- Miller Manufacturing Company1400 West 13th StreetGlencoe, MN 55336
- 651-982-5100 (Phone)
- 651-982-5149 (Fax)
GENEROUS BENEFIT PACKAGES*
- High-deductible health plan with 100% preventive services (in network)
- 100% coverage for preventive prescription medications
- Flexible spending account
- Life, accident, and disability insurance options
- Dental and vision plan options
- 401(k) and profit sharing
- Employee assistance program
- Additional benefits may apply to specific companies
*Available to qualified full-time employees