Material Handler - Assembly (Internal Only)
CLICK "APPLY NOW" OR APPLY IN PERSON AT 2939 6TH AVE, ANOKA, MN 55303
Lakeland Tool & Engineering, a complete precision thermoplastic, engineering and manufacturing services provider for the worldwide market, is searching for a Material Handler - Assembler to join our team in Anoka, Minnesota.
1st Shift: Monday - Friday 7:00am to 3:30pm, overtime as necessary
Summary: The Material Handler is primarily responsible for the movement of necessary supplies to and from assembly workstations. This position also removes finished products from Assembly and transports them to warehouse pick up areas to meet delivery timelines. The Material Handler will also assist the Assembly Supervisor in providing direction and breaks to Assemblers, training, and product tracking as needed. May backup the Assembly lead with process setups.
Essential Functions: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below satisfactorily.
- Supplies each assembler’s location with the necessary materials needed for upcoming jobs such as packaging, components, labels, etc.
- Removes finished product off lines and transports to warehouse pick-up areas to get product out in a timely manner.
May backup the Lead Assembler with completing assembly process setups and applicable assembler training to ensure proper set up for production.
Provides direction and assists assemblers when needed.
Maintains a clean, organized, and safe work environment.
Completes Lead assembler count sheet to keep track of product being taken off the production floor and is properly transported to warehouse.
Works closely with the Assembly Supervisor on coordination of training for new employees and coordination of daily work for the 2nd operation assembler.
Assist with ensuring full adherence to 5S practices at all times to maintain a clean and safe work environment.
Knowledge, Education, Experience and/or Certifications:
- Six months to one-year of related experience is required.
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred.
- Forklift experience preferred. Forklift certification required (training will be provided).
- On-the-job training may be required.
Pre-employment Drug Screening and background checks are required.Job details (PDF)
About Anoka Miller-Lakeland
Anoka Miller-Lakeland is a full-service custom precision thermoplastic and thermoset mold builder and molder for the worldwide market. For over 44 years, product design engineers have relied on our excellent service and quality molding capabilities. With the emphasis on customer needs, we work with product designers throughout product development to ensure the best in product design, mold design, material selection, and cost-effective tooling and production.
Anoka Miller-Lakeland is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
- Anoka Miller-Lakeland2939 6th Avenue NorthAnoka, MN 55303
- 763-422-8866 (Phone)
- 763.422.8867 (Fax)
GENEROUS BENEFIT PACKAGES*
- Health insurance with 100% coverage for preventive services (in network)
- 100% coverage for preventive prescription medications
- Flexible spending account
- Life, accident, and disability insurance options
- Dental and vision plan options
- 401(k) and profit sharing
- Employee assistance program
- Additional benefits may apply to specific companies
*Available to qualified full-time employees