Miller Manufacturing Company, a market-leading manufacturer, distributor and marketer of farm, ranch, and pet products, is searching for a Material Handler to join our team in Glencoe, Minnesota! Miller Manufacturing is locally owned, financially stable and growing – come join our team!
1st shift: Monday – Friday 7:00am – 3:30pm
Summary: The Material Handler primary responsibilities include loading/unloading trailers, supporting the receiving process, transporting material to proper locations, and organizing materials to support the manufacturing or distribution floor while assuring inventory accuracy.
Essential Functions: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below satisfactorily.
Loading/unloading trailers, supporting the receiving process, transporting material to proper locations, and organizing materials to support the manufacturing or distribution floor while assuring inventory accuracy:
- Transport materials by hand, cart, pallet jack or forklift as required to support material flow while operating equipment in a safe manner.
- Load/unload trailers as needed and keep work areas clean and organized.
- Support the Receiving Process by verifying component identity and counts, palletizing product, noting discrepancies, completing paperwork and consulting with inventory control when needed.
- Properly put-away materials as soon as they have completed receiving and any required inspection processes.
- Use mobility device to complete inventory move transactions and complete required paperwork to ensure accurate inventory.
- Support the Distribution Order Process to ensure finished goods are transferred from Mfg to DC accurately.
- Preform rework and re-boxing of damaged and defective items as needed.
Knowledge, Education and/or Experience:
- Requires a high school diploma or general education degree (GED,) three to five years of related experience and/ or training, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- This position requires forklift certification through Miller Manufacturing.
- On the job training may be required.
Pre-employment Drug Screening and background checks are required.Job details (PDF)
About Miller Manufacturing Company
Miller Manufacturing Company is a market-leading manufacturer, distributor and marketer of farm, ranch, and pet products which are sold under the brand names of Little Giant®, Hot-Shot®, Springer Magrath®, Double-Tuf®, Pet Lodge™, and API®. At the core of Miller’s values is our commitment to American manufacturing, with most of our products designed, manufactured, and distributed here in the United States.
Miller Manufacturing started as a family-owned business in 1941 and today is owned and operated by Frandsen Corporation of North Branch, MN. Miller Manufacturing’s catalog features over 1,000 products which are sold through a large network of farm and animal health supply distributors in the United States and over 30 countries around the world.
Miller has remained focused on its core channel in the farm and ranch market since 1941 while continuing to provide innovative products alongside time-tested solutions to a broad range of customers. As a one-stop shop for companies looking for a full breadth of product for the farm and ranch consumer, Miller continues to manufacture quality, cost-competitive products to our customers.
Miller Manufacturing Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
- Miller Manufacturing Company1400 West 13th StreetGlencoe, MN 55336
- 651-982-5100 (Phone)
- 651-982-5149 (Fax)
GENEROUS BENEFIT PACKAGES*
- High-deductible health plan with 100% preventive services (in network)
- 100% coverage for preventive prescription medications
- Flexible spending account
- Life, accident, and disability insurance options
- Dental and vision plan options
- 401(k) and profit sharing
- Employee assistance program
- Additional benefits may apply to specific companies
*Available to qualified full-time employees