2nd Shift Setup Operator I - Heated (Internal Only)
Miller Manufacturing Company, a market-leading manufacturer, distributor and marketer of farm, ranch, and pet products, is searching for Setup Operators to join our team in Glencoe, Minnesota!
2nd shift: Monday – Friday 3:15pm – 11:45pm
Summary: The Setup Operator is primarily responsible for the setting up of designated machines, tools, and work cells in an approved manner that ensures safe operation (in accordance with OSHA regulations) and the production of a quality product within specifications per the standard approved processing parameters.
Essential Functions: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below satisfactorily.
- Setup of Designated Machines, Manufacturing Cells/Workstations, and Tooling.
- Material Handling:
- In cooperation with Material Handlers operate material handling equipment as needed to move raw material & subcomponents to job setup location in order to keep production running at the expected level.
- Tooling and Machine Condition:
- Monitor Machine and Tooling usage and condition in order to identify current or potential future failure events.
- Communicate with Quality, Leads, Supervisors, and Managers on current or potential future failure events in order to establish the need for machine and tool maintenance or repairs.
- Quality - Part and Process Assurance:
- Periodically validate machine and tool setups to ensure the Part production is within specification.
- Train Production Workers and Setup Staff on Standard Work and to pe.riodically validate adherence to Standard Work, re-train when required, in order to ensure proper Part processing and Part quality.
- Perform production, machine operation or other duties as assigned by Leads, Supervisors, or Managers when Setup work is not needed in order to be a productive employee.
Knowledge, Education and/or Experience:
- Requires a high school diploma or general education degree (GED,) one to three years of related experience and/ or training, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- This position requires forklift certification (training and certification can be provided).
- On the job training may be required.
Pre-employment drug screening and background checks required.Job details (PDF)
About Miller Manufacturing Company
Miller Manufacturing Company is a market-leading manufacturer, distributor and marketer of farm, ranch, and pet products which are sold under the brand names of Little Giant®, Hot-Shot®, Springer Magrath®, Double-Tuf®, Pet Lodge™, and API®. At the core of Miller’s values is our commitment to American manufacturing, with most of our products designed, manufactured, and distributed here in the United States.
Miller Manufacturing started as a family-owned business in 1941 and today is owned and operated by Frandsen Corporation of North Branch, MN. Miller Manufacturing’s catalog features over 1,000 products which are sold through a large network of farm and animal health supply distributors in the United States and over 30 countries around the world.
Miller has remained focused on its core channel in the farm and ranch market since 1941 while continuing to provide innovative products alongside time-tested solutions to a broad range of customers. As a one-stop shop for companies looking for a full breadth of product for the farm and ranch consumer, Miller continues to manufacture quality, cost-competitive products to our customers.
Miller Manufacturing Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
- Miller Manufacturing Company1400 West 13th StreetGlencoe, MN 55336
- 651-982-5100 (Phone)
- 651-982-5149 (Fax)
GENEROUS BENEFIT PACKAGES*
- High-deductible health plan with 100% preventive services (in network)
- 100% coverage for preventive prescription medications
- Flexible spending account
- Life, accident, and disability insurance options
- Dental and vision plan options
- 401(k) and profit sharing
- Employee assistance program
- Additional benefits may apply to specific companies
*Available to qualified full-time employees