Quality Assurance Supervisor
Miller Manufacturing Company, a market-leading manufacturer, distributor and marketer of farm, ranch, and pet products, is searching for a QA Supervisor to join our team in Glencoe, Minnesota!
Summary: Provides direct supervision, leadership and performance development of manufacturing Quality Assurance Technicians. Oversees the efficient implementation of quality programs, inspection strategies, and the development of processes to improve efficiencies and reduce/eliminate waste. Tracks key indicators used to identify areas for product improvement. This position holds key Quality leadership roles and is required to interact effectively across the organization to achieve business goals.
Essential Functions: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below satisfactorily.
- Supervise Quality Technicians:
- Assign appropriate staff to assist Manufacturing and Supply Chain in quality concerns and issues.
- Works cross functionally using appropriate tools to anticipate increased inspection needs.
- Supervise direct reports, evaluate performance, oversee day to day work plans, approve schedules and provide direction to Quality department staff.
- Is qualified and proficient in all areas of inspection for the site.
- Multi-site responsibility for the MRB and NCR process.
- Site Responsible for the Customer Return Process.
- Responsible for quarterly Lab Certification reviews with outside contractors.
- Works closely with the Engineering Department, Manufacturing managers, Supply Chain, and Suppliers to help quantify issues for corrective action.
- Leads continuous improvement efforts in the inspection process to improve inspector efficiency and achieve real time inspection result entry in M3.
Knowledge, Education and/or Experience:
- Requires a technical degree and/or five years of related experience and/or training, or the equivalent combination of education and experience in Quality Assurance.
- This position requires the ability to read precision instruments and blueprints.
- Supervisory experience is preferred.
- Candidates with a knowledge and understanding of Farm, Ranch and Pet supply distributors, national hardware chains are preferred.
- On the job training may be required.
Pre-employment drug screening and background checks required.Job details (PDF)
About Miller Manufacturing Company
Miller Manufacturing Company is a market-leading manufacturer, distributor and marketer of farm, ranch, and pet products which are sold under the brand names of Little Giant®, Hot-Shot®, Springer Magrath®, Double-Tuf®, Pet Lodge™, and API®. At the core of Miller’s values is our commitment to American manufacturing, with most of our products designed, manufactured, and distributed here in the United States.
Miller Manufacturing started as a family-owned business in 1941 and today is owned and operated by Frandsen Corporation of North Branch, MN. Miller Manufacturing’s catalog features over 1,000 products which are sold through a large network of farm and animal health supply distributors in the United States and over 30 countries around the world.
Miller has remained focused on its core channel in the farm and ranch market since 1941 while continuing to provide innovative products alongside time-tested solutions to a broad range of customers. As a one-stop shop for companies looking for a full breadth of product for the farm and ranch consumer, Miller continues to manufacture quality, cost-competitive products to our customers.
Miller Manufacturing Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
- Miller Manufacturing Company1400 West 13th StreetGlencoe, MN 55336
- 651-982-5100 (Phone)
- 651-982-5149 (Fax)
GENEROUS BENEFIT PACKAGES*
- High-deductible health plan with 100% preventive services (in network)
- 100% coverage for preventive prescription medications
- Flexible spending account
- Life, accident, and disability insurance options
- Dental and vision plan options
- 401(k) and profit sharing
- Employee assistance program
- Additional benefits may apply to specific companies
*Available to qualified full-time employees