Repair Tool & Die
Miller Manufacturing Company, a market-leading manufacturer, distributor and marketer of farm, ranch, and pet products, is searching for a Tool & Die repairer to join our team in Glencoe, Minnesota!
Summary: The Tool and Die position is primarily responsible for the maintenance of all production dies, assuring that they are in proper working condition and capable of producing quality parts. This includes applying tool making skills to the direct maintenance of dies in house as well as working with outside vendors to build and maintain dies.
Essential Functions: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below satisfactorily.
- Die Repair:
- Repair and maintain molds and dies on a regular schedule and through work requests generated by the computerized maintenance management system.
- Schedule, negotiate timetables, monitor progress, and validate the quality of work with external mold/die vendors.
- Communicate down time status with facilities manager and production managers in line down situations.
- Maintain proper tool room spare parts inventory including purchasing.
- Track all tool and die work and costs, internal or external, in the CMMS system.
- Die / Fixtures /Jigs / Design / Prototyping:
- Assist in the design of dies, fixtures, and jigs as needed and build/source them in a timely manner at the anticipated cost.
- Preventative maintenance:
- Define and create procedures and schedules for specific mold/die preventative maintenance requirements including autonomous activities.
- Monitor, audit, and update logs tracking the condition of molds/dies and all related preventative maintenance activities.
- Determine requirements for replacement or upgrades of molds/dies based on the results of preventative maintenance.
- Time Management and Tracking:
- Prioritize daily work orders per status codes.
- Complete Thrive entries for orders during completion, on hold or rejection.
- Accurately track all time to Thrive work orders to assure proper allocation of tool and die labor costs.
- Assist maintenance as needed for repairs to equipment and facilities.
Knowledge, Education and/or Experience:
- Requires a high school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- A two-year degree in tool and die, or five years equivalent experience or on the job training or completion of formal tool and die apprenticeship.
- On the job training may be required.
Pre-employment drug screening and background checks required.Job details (PDF)
About Miller Manufacturing Company
Miller Manufacturing Company is a market-leading manufacturer, distributor and marketer of farm, ranch, and pet products which are sold under the brand names of Little Giant®, Hot-Shot®, Springer Magrath®, Double-Tuf®, Pet Lodge™, and API®. At the core of Miller’s values is our commitment to American manufacturing, with most of our products designed, manufactured, and distributed here in the United States.
Miller Manufacturing started as a family-owned business in 1941 and today is owned and operated by Frandsen Corporation of North Branch, MN. Miller Manufacturing’s catalog features over 1,000 products which are sold through a large network of farm and animal health supply distributors in the United States and over 30 countries around the world.
Miller has remained focused on its core channel in the farm and ranch market since 1941 while continuing to provide innovative products alongside time-tested solutions to a broad range of customers. As a one-stop shop for companies looking for a full breadth of product for the farm and ranch consumer, Miller continues to manufacture quality, cost-competitive products to our customers.
Miller Manufacturing Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
- Miller Manufacturing Company1400 West 13th StreetGlencoe, MN 55336
- 651-982-5100 (Phone)
- 651-982-5149 (Fax)
GENEROUS BENEFIT PACKAGES*
- High-deductible health plan with 100% preventive services (in network)
- 100% coverage for preventive prescription medications
- Flexible spending account
- Life, accident, and disability insurance options
- Dental and vision plan options
- 401(k) and profit sharing
- Employee assistance program
- Additional benefits may apply to specific companies
*Available to qualified full-time employees