NEW GRADS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!
Miller Manufacturing Company is looking for a Process Engineer to join our team at our Glencoe, MN location.
Summary: The Process Engineer is responsible for developing, implementing and supporting new and existing manufacturing processes and equipment that ensure process repeatability, product quality, labor efficiency and cost target attainment.
Essential Functions: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below satisfactorily.
- Optimization of existing processes and equipment to improve product quality, labor efficiency and cost target attainment.
- Lead and coordinate projects for the design and build of equipment enhancements.
- Monitor manufacturing activities and measure important process characteristics using relevant methods of test and analysis to locate sources and quantify extent of process variation.
- Troubleshoot manufacturing, quality and assembly issues.
- Apply continuous improvement/lean concepts to identify and eliminate non-value added tasks and/or activities.
- Work with Tool and Fixture Specialist to design/build necessary fixtures and tooling to improve Manufacturing efficiencies.
Development of new processes and equipment to improve product quality, labor efficiency and cost target attainment.
- Facilitating the successful launch of new products into Manufacturing by working with New Products Engineering to understand product requirements and ensure manufacturing processes will meet them.
- Lead and coordinate projects for design, install, debug & qualifying tooling, capital equipment and assembly/test equipment.
- Develop and implement process control techniques and procedures into manufacturing environment on all new equipment.
- Work with Tool and Fixture Specialist to design/build necessary fixtures and tooling as needed for development projects.
Provide project management for effective implementation of optimized processes and equipment.
Act as project leader on assigned projects.
Assist in the development of robust processes to manage the selection, prioritization and execution of product and process related projects to meet established company goals.
Lead Design For Manufacturability (DFM) effort to ensure new products are designed to enable safe, cost efficient production.
Provide feedback during Design Reviews, Design and Process FMEA’s, etc. on Design for Manufacturability of new and re-engineered products.
Influencing product designs to ensure economical manufacturability.
Maintain Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to ensure the correct opportunities are being worked on.
- Mathematics - Using mathematics to solve problems, specific knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Science - Knowledge of physical principles, laws, and applications. Understanding fluid and material dynamics; and mechanical and electrical structures and processes.
- Excellent Communication:
- Read, analyze, interpret and communicate: general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations and professional drawings.
- Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Present information to and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Knowledge, Education, Experience and/or Certifications:
- Four year Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering degree is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Creo and AutoCAD is required. ERP experience is a plus.
- Experience in developing/optimizing equipment/processes is preferred.
- Experience with plastic injection molded parts/process, metal forming, and electro-mechanical design is preferred.
- Clear understanding in the application of statistics, DOE, and root cause analysis.
Pre-employment drug screening and background checks required.Job details (PDF)
About Miller Manufacturing Company
Miller Manufacturing Company is a market-leading manufacturer, distributor and marketer of farm, ranch, and pet products which are sold under the brand names of Little Giant®, Hot-Shot®, Springer Magrath®, Double-Tuf®, Pet Lodge™, and API®. At the core of Miller’s values is our commitment to American manufacturing, with most of our products designed, manufactured, and distributed here in the United States.
Miller Manufacturing started as a family-owned business in 1941 and today is owned and operated by Frandsen Corporation of North Branch, MN. Miller Manufacturing’s catalog features over 1,000 products which are sold through a large network of farm and animal health supply distributors in the United States and over 30 countries around the world.
Miller has remained focused on its core channel in the farm and ranch market since 1941 while continuing to provide innovative products alongside time-tested solutions to a broad range of customers. As a one-stop shop for companies looking for a full breadth of product for the farm and ranch consumer, Miller continues to manufacture quality, cost-competitive products to our customers.
Miller Manufacturing Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
- Miller Manufacturing Company1400 West 13th StreetGlencoe, MN 55336
- 651-982-5100 (Phone)
- 651-982-5149 (Fax)
GENEROUS BENEFIT PACKAGES*
- High-deductible health plan with 100% preventive services (in network)
- 100% coverage for preventive prescription medications
- Flexible spending account
- Life, accident, and disability insurance options
- Dental and vision plan options
- 401(k) and profit sharing
- Employee assistance program
- Additional benefits may apply to specific companies
*Available to qualified full-time employees