Miller Manufacturing Company, a market-leading manufacturer, distributor and marketer of farm, ranch, and pet products, is searching for a Engineering Intern to join our team in Glencoe, Minnesota! Miller Manufacturing is locally owned, financially stable and growing – come join our team!
Summary: The Engineering Intern is primarily responsible for creating and updating critical support documentation for Engineering. The position will also participate in product improvement initiatives, reduce cost through product design and process optimizations, perform failure analysis and identify root cause to ensure product quality.
Essential Functions: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below satisfactorily.
- Create necessary Engineering support documentation to enable future reference, including:
- Create CAD (Creo) models for new and existing products.
- Create detail & assembly drawings.
- Define critical product attributes and ensure they are on the Inspection Procedure.
- Create Engineering test reports and Engineering recommendations.
- Create necessary Work Instructions and Standard Work to support new and existing processes.
- Apply engineering best practices to develop and improve products and processes that meet Miller goals, including:
- Work closely with Engineering to provide assistance for product and process development.
- Complete appropriate Failure Analysis and Root Cause identification
- Review outside designs and sourced products to ensure they meet project requirements.
- Ensure product and process integrity to enable Miller durability, performance, manufacturability, quality, and cost objectives:
- Lead/participate in design reviews to assess design weakness and suggest improvements/alternatives Lead and participate in FMEA’s
- Work closely with Operations and Suppliers to include Design for Manufacturability (DFM) into all products.
- Coordinate prototype builds and develop test/performance requirements.
- Complete in-house testing and field trials, ensuring requirements for safety, reliability, and performance.
- Communicate effectively, orally and written, to convey project updates, design alternatives, issues, test results and recommendations.
Knowledge, Education and/or Experience:
- Working toward a four year Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering degree.
- Experience with Creo and Microsoft Office Suite is required.
Pre-employment Drug Screening and background checks are required.Job details (PDF)
About Miller Manufacturing Company
Miller Manufacturing Company is a market-leading manufacturer, distributor and marketer of farm, ranch, and pet products which are sold under the brand names of Little Giant®, Hot-Shot®, Springer Magrath®, Double-Tuf®, Pet Lodge™, and API®. At the core of Miller’s values is our commitment to American manufacturing, with most of our products designed, manufactured, and distributed here in the United States.
Miller Manufacturing started as a family-owned business in 1941 and today is owned and operated by Frandsen Corporation of North Branch, MN. Miller Manufacturing’s catalog features over 1,000 products which are sold through a large network of farm and animal health supply distributors in the United States and over 30 countries around the world.
Miller has remained focused on its core channel in the farm and ranch market since 1941 while continuing to provide innovative products alongside time-tested solutions to a broad range of customers. As a one-stop shop for companies looking for a full breadth of product for the farm and ranch consumer, Miller continues to manufacture quality, cost-competitive products to our customers.
Miller Manufacturing Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
- Miller Manufacturing Company1400 West 13th StreetGlencoe, MN 55336
- 651-982-5100 (Phone)
- 651-982-5149 (Fax)
GENEROUS BENEFIT PACKAGES*
- High-deductible health plan with 100% preventive services (in network)
- 100% coverage for preventive prescription medications
- Flexible spending account
- Life, accident, and disability insurance options
- Dental and vision plan options
- 401(k) and profit sharing
- Employee assistance program
- Additional benefits may apply to specific companies
*Available to qualified full-time employees