Miller Manufacturing Company, a market-leading manufacturer, distributor and marketer of farm, ranch, and pet products, is searching for a Senior Buyer/Planner to join our team!
Summary: The Senior Buyer/Planner is primarily responsible purchasing components and finished goods from both international and domestic suppliers, planning production and out plant demands to maintain appropriate stocking levels in the Distribution Center. This individual also participates in more complex supplier relationships. This position works closely with the manufacturing, distribution, sales, engineering, customer service and accounting. This position assists buyer/planners with supplier meetings and negotiations.
Essential Functions: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below satisfactorily.
- Manage system parameters for all purchased/manufactured items consistent with internal policies. Purchase and/or direct the purchasing of finished goods supplied into the Distribution Center per system requirements.
- Meet inventory stocking level requirements established by policy including excess and obsolete inventory. Develop plans to reduce inventory where necessary.
- Collaborate with Forecast Analyst to ensure the rolling 12 month forecast is updated as needed. Provide feedback when necessary.
- Participate in Product Support Projects as assigned. Support the Director of Supply Chain with special projects as required.
- Provide assistance to the Buyer/Planners by attending supplier meetings and providing guidance with more complex supplier negotiations.
- Negotiate finished good, raw material and other component pricing with both international and domestic suppliers to provide favorable outcomes for Miller Manufacturing.
- Mentor Associate Buyer/Planner by answering questions, resolving Quality issues and negotiations with Suppliers.
- Assist Buyer/Planner Supervisor with the sourcing of new products when necessary.
- Provide feedback to Suppliers regarding quality, price and on time delivery. Put action plans in place for continuous improvement.
- Participate in 4DX cross functional projects to meet Company objectives.
Knowledge, Education and/or Experience:
- Requires a high school diploma or general education degree (GED,) three to five years of related experience and/ or training, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- This position also requires at least three years of experience using a database system.
- On the job training may be required.
Pre-employment drug screening and background checks required.Job details (PDF)
About Miller Manufacturing Company
Miller Manufacturing Company is a market-leading manufacturer, distributor and marketer of farm, ranch, and pet products which are sold under the brand names of Little Giant®, Hot-Shot®, Springer Magrath®, Double-Tuf®, Pet Lodge™, and API®. At the core of Miller’s values is our commitment to American manufacturing, with most of our products designed, manufactured, and distributed here in the United States.
Miller Manufacturing started as a family-owned business in 1941 and today is owned and operated by Frandsen Corporation of North Branch, MN. Miller Manufacturing’s catalog features over 1,000 products which are sold through a large network of farm and animal health supply distributors in the United States and over 30 countries around the world.
Miller has remained focused on its core channel in the farm and ranch market since 1941 while continuing to provide innovative products alongside time-tested solutions to a broad range of customers. As a one-stop shop for companies looking for a full breadth of product for the farm and ranch consumer, Miller continues to manufacture quality, cost-competitive products to our customers.
Miller Manufacturing Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
- Miller Manufacturing Company1400 West 13th StreetGlencoe, MN 55336
- 651-982-5100 (Phone)
- 651-982-5149 (Fax)
GENEROUS BENEFIT PACKAGES*
- High-deductible health plan with 100% preventive services (in network)
- 100% coverage for preventive prescription medications
- Flexible spending account
- Life, accident, and disability insurance options
- Dental and vision plan options
- 401(k) and profit sharing
- Employee assistance program
- Additional benefits may apply to specific companies
*Available to qualified full-time employees